Peterborough Vintage Cycle Club Rules
as ratified at the 1987 A.G.M. and amended at the 1998 A.G.M.
1. That this Club shall be called "Peterborough Vintage Cycle Club"
2. The objects of the Club shall be the restoration, preservation and
use of veteran and vintage cycles, the wearing of appropriate costume and
the organisation of suitable activities.
3. The officers shall consist of President, Vice-Presidents, Chairman,
Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and six members elected annually
to form the committee.
4. A quorum of three officers, ex-officio or committee members shall be
present before any Club business can be transacted. The Committee shall
have power to co-opt further members to form Sub-Committees or fill any
vacancy that arises.
5. The committee shall have full financial control of the Club Funds.
6. The Annual General Meeting shall be held before the end of February
each year, and 28 days notice of the meeting will be given. General Meetings
shall be called as deemed necessary by the committee and 14 days notice
will be given.
7. Membership of the Club shall be by invitation. Lapsed members who wish
to rejoin must also have approval of the committee.
8. The annual subscription shall be £3.00 per adult member and £2.00 for
senior citizens and juveniles (under sixteen). Family membership £6.00 to
cover up to two adults and any number of juveniles resident at the same
address. They shall become due on 1st January each year and membership will
cease if subscriptions are not paid by 30th June of the current year.
9. The Club badge may be purchased for the price set by the committee.
10. All monies belonging to the Club shall be banked in the joint names
of the Hon. Treasurer and Chairman on the Club's behalf.
11. The financial year shall end on the last day of December. The completed
accounts will be audited by two auditors, who shall be elected at the Annual
12. The Chairman and Hon. Secretary of the Club shall be deemed to be
the legal owners of all Club trophies and other property.
13. All members of the club shall be entitled to attend any committee
meeting with the power to speak but not to vote on Club business.
14. Any overseas visitor staying with a paid up member may be made an
honorary member for a limited period subject to the committee's approval.
15. No member or members shall be entitled to use or display the Club name
without the permission of the full committee.
16. No alteration or addition to the rules shall be made except at an
Annual General Meeting. Notification of a proposed alteration or addition
to rules should be received by the Secretary at least 14 days prior to the
17. The committee shall have full power to deal with any matter not covered
by these rules.
Sue Pentney aged 16 (later to be Mrs Alan Ives) followed, some years later,
by their daughter Sarah, getting to grips with an 1864 Michaux Velocipede!
PVCC Annual Rally 2002, Ramsey Rural Museum
Award Winners Left to Right
Eileen Reed, Valerie Pears, Sandra Catherall, Holly Henderson (front), David and
Joy Burton, Arthur Wright, Brian Cooper (on behalf of Derek Watson)